Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Ok, I'm back

I feel motivated again! Phew. I've worked out the past 2 days and I've eaten really well. I know I can do this. Thanks for your words of encouragement, by the way. It helps.

Yesterday, I decided to do my Turbo Jam DVD while the girls were occupied. I hadn't done it in months.
It worked out really well. Kate was asleep in her swing, and I put Paige at the table with snacks and coloring books. She kept saying, "Keep going, mom!" It was so cute. And then after a while she said, "Ok mom, that's enough." I missed doing Turbo Jam. It's fun and it goes by really quickly. I'm going to try to it whenever I get a chance. It's nice to be able to workout at home.

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Yay good for you! I love that Paige was cheering you on. And also that she let you know when you'd pushed it far enough. Don't you love how they hate to give us any time for ourselves? Ha ha ha. But I'm glad you had a chance to do it. It really does make all the difference. I find I eat better when I'm working out. They go hand in hand. I'm glad you found a workout you like. I have yet to do just that.

rachele and jordan said...

You should check the library for workout dvds. Having a variety helps to keep you motivated and to not get bored. And I'm all for working out at home when you have kids.

If you like Turbo Jam you should get the 2nd and 3rd ones on Amazon or eBay. Do you do the sculpting workout that comes with Turbo Jam? Toning exercises are super important to incorporate into the week along with cardio. You can gets weights for cheap at Walmart or Target.

I started running in high school and have been working out pretty consistently since. I added weight training when I moved out to Hawaii and I didn't start eating really healthy until a couple of years ago, but those both have made a huge difference. And even though I've worked out for so long there are still times I don't feel like working out. So I just make myself do it. I go get a new dvd at the library or run a different route I've never done before. Variety is key to keeping it up.

rachele and jordan said...

Oh and good job at working out!! Keep it up!

Leslierush said...

Yay for you but most importantly will you come decorate my house?

Mrs. Schmalison said...

Good job, I haven't even been working out and yesterday I pigged out with Elena because the boys went camping. It wasn't even worth it.

Matti said...

That is awesome. I think you did it perfectly. Occupy the kiddos and get in your workout. Your kids will get used to it, and it will just become routine. You are doing awesome!