Sunday, June 27, 2010

Running

I'm pretty excited... I ran 2.5 miles on Thursday and then again yesterday. That's a big deal for me because when I first started running (a couple weeks ago) I wanted to quit after about .25 miles.

I feel like I can run farther each time and it is getting easier. And I don't dread it anymore. I'm actually starting to like running. Wow! It's like a breakthrough! :)

My 5k is next weekend and I'm excited for my first race ever!

In other news, I have 4 lbs to lose in order to win our little contest. Hmm... not likely. But Nate will probably reach his goal, so yay for him. Counting calories works I tell you! But it's not easy, that's for sure.

1 comment:

Rob, Brooke, Breanna and Ethan said...

ashley, amazing work! i'm very impressed with 2.5 miles. even more impressed that you're not dreading running. also, you've lost 6 pounds out of 10 from you're goal, right???? that's AMAZING!!!