Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Seattle Half-Marathon and an update

I'm definitely doing the Seattle one. I'm having such a hard time getting back into running. I started really enjoying it when I was getting ready for the 5k, but I'm not there yet this time. I actually dread running. I know it will get easier and soon I will probably look forward to my runs. Maybe.

I have been more strict with eating well lately, and I'm really seeing results! I am now at my pre-pregnancy weight and I have about 8 lbs to go until I am at my goal weight. I just need to start doing weight training again at the gym. That always makes a huge difference (when I'm consistent).

The hardest thing about losing weight is that it takes time. You have to be patient. And when you are not seeing immediate results, it's hard to stay motivated. I hope I can keep this up and get to my goal weight in the next 4 or 5 weeks.

2 comments:

Matti said...

You can do it! Just give yourself more credit and celebrate the small steps along the way!

Matti said...

Sometimes what helps me through a running slump is changing up my music. Though, some people aren't music listeners when they run. For me, it totally makes a difference.