Thursday, January 13, 2011

Delicious CLEAN recipe

Wow, I am surprised how good these are!! Ground turkey is a healthier choice than beef. I just got some at Costco a couple days ago and I can't wait to try new recipes. These meatloaf muffins are only 80 calories each and so tasty! HERE is a video on how to make them. Super easy.


Turkey Meatloaf Muffins

2 lbs ground turkey (or chicken)
3 egg whites
1 cup quick cooking oats
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp dried thyme
2 tsp dry yellow mustard
2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp chipotle pepper spice
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp garlic powder (2 cloves minced)
1 small onion (finely chopped)
2 celery stalks (finely chopped)


Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Spray muffin pan with canola or olive oil.
Mix all your ingredients together in one large bowl.
Roll the mixture into balls and place in muffin pan. Muffins should be about the size of a racquetball.

Bake for 40 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins. Serving Size: 2 muffins
This is how mine looked...


If you're real fancy you could put spinach and mashed potatoes on top. But if you're eating clean, sweet potatoes are a better option than regular potatoes.

2 comments:

kristi said...

I love turkey burger it's all I've eaten since at least 5 years ago, i actually have never boughten beef burger and I grew up on elk/deer burger. Anyway turkey burger from Costco is my favorite it has the best flavor. We buy like 2 of those packages each time we go. I've actually got a good recipe for meatballs and make like 75 at a time, because they freeze very well and they're super healthy. Best part is just pop in the microwave and you have dinner or a snack. kids love em too.

Elizabeth said...

I found your blog thru Jessica Romney. Hi!
I love the look of this recipe and I'm going to try it this weekend. so thanks for sharing.
See you
Elizabeth