Sunday, October 21, 2012

Me again

I've decided to start posting on this blog again. Having a weight loss/fitness blog is kind of embarrassing because so far it's pretty much a record of my failures to lose weight. But I found that when I used to update regularly last year (before I had Halle), it did help to have that accountability. Just knowing that someone might be reading this makes me want to stick to my goals and finally lose this baby weight.

My dedication and my weight have fluctuated so much in the past 5 months, and it's been stressful for me. When I am eating junk and being sedentary, I just feel so conflicted inside and I feel weak. It's hard to be successful in other areas of my life when I'm failing at being healthy. So that's why losing weight and being fit are important to me. I sometimes worry that having this blog makes me seem vain or shallow, since it's focused on something physical, but I believe that the way that we take care of our bodies is a reflection of our self-worth. It's important. Obviously, what's on the inside of a person is what really matters, but it's hard to be happy and at peace when you're not taking good care of yourself. At least for me.

So anyway, my goal over the next month is to eat clean everyday and exercise (weights and cardio) at least 4 times per week. Obviously I can't eat clean 100% of the time, but just making a real effort all day is something to be proud of.

Our trip to Hawaii is in a little over 4 weeks. It would be awesome if I could make some real progress by then. Swimsuits are not very forgiving. I have high hopes for myself. I took some "before" photos, so when I reach my immediate goal weight I will post the before and after pics.

No comments: