Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Counting calories and Kashi

This dry erase board is what I use to count calories. Its great for accountability because anyone who walks in the house can see exactly what I've eaten that day. Like anyone really cares... but I just feel so proud when there are only healthy foods on my board for the day.


I am a big fan of Kashi Cereals. Sure, I'd rather eat the more sugary cereals because they taste better, but they are also worthless. They don't have as much nutritional value and you're hungry 10 minutes after you eat them. Kashi's "Go Lean" is really great because it has 13 grams of protein in one serving! Most cereals have almost ZERO protein. Eating Clean is about eating protein and complex carbs at every meal, so this cereal works out great. I also throw some frozen berries on top to make it better. Walmart just had Kashi cereals half off last week and I went a little crazy. Let's just say I could feed a small army.

1 comment:

Matti said...

I think the white board on the fridge is a great idea...cause it's in a convenient place. It's easier to count cals when you tools are in a convenient spot. Good luck with your 5 lbs...but I imagine Nate's family will love you no matter what you look like...but I know the feeling.