Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Eating in the first trimester

The first trimester of pregnancy is crazy. I feel like a completely different person. I'm having extreme food aversions and then some cravings as well. It is a lot worse this time around than it was with Paige or with my second pregnancy.

When I'm deciding what to eat, I don't think, "what would be healthy?" Or "what sounds good?" Its no longer a battle between wanting to eat crappy foods and knowing I should eat healthy foods.

I now think, "what would taste OK if it came back up?" Or "what could I eat that doesn't make me want to gag just thinking about it?"

So basically, I'm in survival mode here. I just eat things that don't sound disgusting. Yesterday it was Minestrone soup. Today its watermelon and Macaroni & Cheese.

Who knows what tomorrow will bring.

1 comment:

Matti said...

I feel for you. THat's how eating was for me. Definately no cravings. Just "what could I swallow right night". I ate a lot of marshmellow star cereal with Eden. With Tex I would make shakes with sherbit and fresh ginger mixed together in a blender...and a TON of watermelon since water made me throw up and I really liked the instant mac and cheese (for a week). Hope you feel better soon. Good luck! ;-)