Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Eating Clean... again

So, I haven't been paying much attention to nutrition lately (see last post), which makes me feel awful since I am pregnant and all. But the past few days I have been re-reading The Eat Clean Diet and looking through the Eat Clean Cookbook. Its good stuff, folks. I really miss eating that way.

The books motivate you to eat as healthy as you can, even if you're not eating "clean" all the time. Just looking through the cookbook is motivating. Everything is so fresh and natural.

I'm not gonna lie, it is hard work because it is so different from the way that most of us eat (lots of fat, sugar, and processed foods). But its worth the effort, even if you can't give it 100%.

I'm going to start trying more of the recipes and I will post the best ones here as I go. Good luck to you all in your efforts to be healthy.

There are thousands of clean recipes out there, but these are just a few from oxygenmag.com, which is a magazine based on the Eat Clean Diet.



Oatmeal Protein Pancakes


Citrus-ginger Salad



Berry Yogury Parfait



Walnut-crusted Salmon


Packed Pasta


3 comments:

Matti said...

That food looks amazing. Especially that salmon...wowie.

stef j. said...

T H A N K Y O U!!

Anonymous said...

thank you for your comment on my blog...it's fun to snoop around on yours! I'm hoping you are feeling better and not beating yourself up if you have a less than ideal intake right now...watermelon and mac n cheeze is actually almost a balanced meal! Pregnancy is tough when it comes to eating, so focusing on a week at a time and trying to get enough protein is a good place to start (I have a little experience here :)). You might like to check out http://www.mealmakeovermoms.com Some diets are amazing with how healthy and great they are...but most are so unrealistic that you end up feeling too guilty all of the time. I'm a fan of not making changes that you won't be able to maintain 5 years from now...hang it there and enjoy being so cute and pregnant!