Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Hello!

I've decided to come back and update this blog. So here is what's up with me:



My half-marathon is in 3 weeks and 3 days. Training is going pretty well. We ran 10 miles on Saturday and it was way better than I expected. Don't get me wrong- it was HARD. But not super horrible. I was so proud of myself for being able to do it. This Saturday we are running 12 miles. Yikes. But then we taper back down up until the race, so that's a relief. I get so nervous to run long distances. I'm always so afraid that something will go wrong and I will have to stop and then I will be disappointed in myself.


So, you would think with all this running I would have lost a bunch of weight. Not so much. Everyone told me not to expect to lose weight, but I still hoped I would. I'm a firm believer that diet is crucial to weight loss, especially for me. I've been eating a little more since I've been running because #1. I feel entitled to, and #2. I feel like I need more energy/nutrition to keep me going.


But now that I'm about 3.5 weeks away from the race I really, really want to lose some weight. I want to look like an athlete when I run the race. Plus, it's summer-time and I want to wear a swimsuit comfortably-ish. So after months of not really focusing on my diet, I just started counting calories again and trying to Eat Clean. It works everytime I do it, but it's hard, so I'm not looking forward to it. But I am looking forward to my clothes fitting better. This time I need to maintain my weight loss. That's the hardest part for me.


My goal is to lose 7 - 8 pounds by August 5th. I have a new ticker at the top to track my progress.


This is me back in late January when I was at the weight that I hope to be by August 5th. I was also lifting weights regularly, so I need to get back to that. Ready, go!

No comments: