Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Let's try something new...

Ok, so I love Eating Clean and I'm doing well with choosing healthy meals, but I just can't seem to limit my treat consumption. I eat super healthy all day, then at night I feel like I NEED something like chocolate or ice cream. And it also seems like there are treats everywhere I go.

So I'm finally going to try something that was suggested to me by my friend, Matti. She swears by it and I'm sure it works. Its not going to be easy but I'm going to give it my best. All you do is just limit treats to one day a week. She chose Saturdays and that's what I'm going to do also. Nate is going to do it with me so that will make it easier. I have been treat-free for 2 days so far.

4 comments:

Leslierush said...

I just eat a square or two of pure dark chocolate at night and that seems to help me. But wow 2 days without treats...thats awesome!!

Shannon said...

I just read through your whole blog and I'm very impressed with your dedication to your diet. I really love eating healthy and the way it makes you feel. I unfortunately also really love food. It's like a constant battle with me. I am currently letting the food win out (you know, for the sake of the baby, of course). But once this baby's out...it's back to "eating clean". I really like your one day a week thing. That seems to be the only thing that works for me. Good luck with it!

Shannon said...

By the way, I just made those oatmeal pancakes. Delish. David and I are eating them right now. The only thing I did different was I used all whole wheat flour (I hate white flour) and used brown instead of white sugar. Also I added 2T of flaxseed. It's quite good and very filling. Thanks for the recipe. As a sidenote, is it still healthy if I topped it with whipped cream?

Matti said...

Congrats! I'm glad that you are going to try this! I will have to start this up again in 2 weeks when I get the a-ok from my dr. that I can work-out again. I'd limit myself now...but...you know. Anyway, I am glad Nate is doing it with you. When you have spouse support that makes a huge difference.
The other thing I like about this 1 day a week thing, is I think it helps you work out harder...at least for me it does (because you limit the bad foods which make your body feel yucky to just one day). I used to work out 6 days a week. My treat binge didn't start till after I worked out saturday morning. Then sunday my body would have a chance to recouperate and I'd only eat healthy foods, so I'd be ready to start working out again monday. Let me know how you like it! I hope this works for you. I think it's awesome all the effort you are puting into making yourself healthy. P.s. I am planning on copying your "weight loss" blog when I start working out again. I think it will help keep my motivated.