Thursday, February 19, 2009

Something new


Yesterday I hosted a small luncheon at my house for a monthly Relief Society group. One of the women that came said she couldn't eat anything because she was on a crazy diet.

So I asked her about it, and she said that actually quite a few women in our ward are on this same diet. This is how she described it...

For 6 weeks, you eat this everyday:

1 grapefruit
1 apple
5 oz. of lean meat
1 cup of vegetables

Ok, that's like 400 calories. Maybe 500 at the most. Wow. So I was thinking, hmm... I think that's called starvation, but anyway... it got me thinking that maybe I really need a strict eating schedule for a while. Not something with extremely few calories, but just something that is a routine so that I don't have to even think about what to eat. I will just have it all planned out. I haven't been eating very well lately, and I know I need a change. I think this will help me get back on track.

So for the next week, I'm going to eat this everyday:

1 bowl of healthy cereal + skim milk = 225 calories
1 yogurt = 100 calories
1 can of Progresso soup = 200 calories
1 apple = about 80 calories
1 Slimfast bar (to help with my chocolate addiction) = 220 calories
1 serving of brown rice with black beans and vegetables = about 250 calories
1 bowl of vanilla almond oatmeal = 160 calories

This adds up to about 1250 calories, which I think is a good amount.

So I will do this for a week, and if it works out well, then I will come up with a new routine for the next week, so that I don't get super bored with these foods. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Matti said...

Ya, I would definately say that is starving yourself. And if you want to lose weight (expecially if you are combining it with exercise) you will need way more calories to get through your day or to just keep up with Paige. Planning out your diet though for the day, that's a good idea. I do the same thing with planning out my work out routine. Every sunday I write what I will do for exercise mon-sat, whether it'll be a video or a walk or a combo or whatever. I try to be pretty specific, and then just hold myself to the plan each day.

Christina said...

I agree- it sounds like you'd be starving yourself!!!